2022 was an eventful year filled with gains and losses. I finally got settled on the East Coast, bonded with a few people, rekindled a couple of friendships, changed jobs, and got to know my extended family better. My family and I traveled to Rhode Island for a conference and Canada (Toronto and Montreal) for a family reunion and wedding. With my significant other, I traveled to Connecticut and Massachusetts for a 3-day trip and wedding.
While the Covid-19 pandemic eased, turmoil increased in several countries, leading to increasing prices of goods, supply shortages, and human suffering. It is hopeful that 2023 will mean a gradual improvement in the stock market and hopefully the state of the world.
In 2022, I got to know my surroundings better and discovered new games, books, films, and Anime series through the influence of people I have met. As a result, I ended up purchasing more rather than finishing what I have. I did, however, completed some of my goals, including the following:
- Complete a sudoku book. [Completed]
- Complete CEs. [Completed – about 50% done before upcoming renewal date in April 2023 and 81% done with BCGP renewal]
- Complete a crafting or personal project every month using the materials I already have. [Completed 13 projects]
- Complete 5 video games over the course of year. Cannot buy until 5 are completed. [Completed]
- Finish 5 books in “to be read” pile. [Completed 80% (4 out of 5)]
- Practiced Chinese daily [Completed 11 of 12 monthly badges on Duolingo]
- Developed a new skill [Learned how to play mahjong]
For 2023, I hope to continue…
- Complete CEs for license renewal in April 2023.
- Complete CEs for BCGP renewal.
- Finish 5 books in “to be read” pile.
- Complete 5 video games over the course of the year.
- Practice Chinese daily.
- Complete a crafting or personal project every month using the materials I already have.
- Write or sketch once a week.
- Bond closer with friends.
January 3rd just passed! Happy 1 year birthday to Xinglong!
“Yay! I celebrated with a relaxing day all to myself, until Tianlong decided to bother me!”