- • Black Dragon Pool (August 12)
• Old Town Lijiang (August 12)
• Naxi Dongba Cultural Museum (August 13)
• Baisha Village and murals (August 13)
• Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and yak meadow (August 12-13)
• Suke Ancient Town (August 13)
The car made its way into the northwest plain of Yunnan province. Lijiang the ancient city—home to the Naxi people—sprawled across the plain is flanked by a snowy monolith known as the Jade Dragon (Yulong) Snow Mountain. The mountain range comprises of 13 peaks that symbolize the 13 swords used by the Jade Dragon to fight a notorious fiend in a well-known legend.
In Lijiang, there are many scenic parks nearby the city to take strolls. One famous park is the Black Dragon Pool, where pagodas flank on both sides of a calm stream. Undoubtedly, a place meant for relaxing. Continue reading